Sunday, December 1, 2013

Babies!!!!!!!!

I was scheduled to be induced on 12/1/13 at 7am.  As expected the night before was spent tossing and turning, running to the restroom, and sleeping for what felt like hours only to wake and realize just minutes had passed.  Finally the clock read 5:00am and it was time to get going.  I was only allowed to eat a light breakfast in case they needed to do an emergency C-section so I ate my “light breakfast” of cereal with toast and we were off.   The car ride to the hospital was pretty quiet, I think due to both excitement and nerves.  We just listened to Christmas music on the radio and enjoyed our last few quiet moments we knew we were going to have!  Once we arrived (with about a month’s worth of luggage) and got checked in reality really struck.  We were going to have twins today!  They stared the pitocin at about 8am and at that time I was already dilated 2cm.  Time seemed to go by slowly at first but then the contractions started.  Not too bad a first but as the pitocin got stronger so did the contractions!  We already knew that I would have an epidural and around 10am Curtis had convinced me that it was time.  I tried to stick it out as long as I could but boy those contractions are painful!  Oh and when I say that Curtis convinced me it was time to get the epidural I mean he hit the call nurse button and told her I was ready!  He is a good man!  Once I had the epidural I was feeling a little better.  The back contractions were not as strong but the front contractions were causing me to white knuckle the bars on the side of the bed.  At this time the pitocin was causing me to contract ever 45 seconds and I felt every contraction!  Once again Curtis to the rescue!!!!!!  He hit the “Call Nurse” button and explained to them that I was still feeling the contractions.  Turns out my first epidural failed and I was going to need another one.  This is when the tears came!  I think it was more out of relief than pain.  Knowing that I wasn’t crazy and I was feeling the contractions and that I will get an epidural that WILL numb me!  After the second epidural I was finally numb, and I mean REALLY NUMB!!!!  Life was great!  They wanted to check me again after the second epidural (around 12:30ish) and by that time I was ready to push!  I was shocked!  I was thinking we were going to be there all day, waiting for them to come and all of a sudden it was time… and I wasn’t ready!  They started my labor in the “Labor and delivery” room but we knew we would eventually have to move to the OR for the actual delivery.  While pushing in the labor and delivery room I unfortunately got “sick” every time they put me on my back to push.  On top of all of that   Carters heart beat started to drop so we were rushed to the OR.  After that everything went smoothly.   

Charles (Charlie) Daniel Crandall was born at 1:54pm, 5 lbs 12 oz, and 19 inches long.   
 
Carter Ryan Crandall was born at 2:06pm, 6lbs 9oz, and 20.5 inches long.
 
 And here are just a few more pictures!







































2 comments:

  1. Oh Kallie I LOVE the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think we might come in on Wed. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!!!! All of it! Like Mom, there's just not enough EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!! in the world to really explain how beautiful and magical it all is. Love you guys. Love those baby boys!! I am dying to get over and see them!

    ReplyDelete